Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Ulta Matte Prime Review

Hey guys sorry I've been away for so long! School really gets in the way of things that I love, like blogging and BATS. So today I'm going to switch it up a bit and review Ulta's Professional Matte Face Primer.

 
I decided to try this since it is a mid price range primer that supposedly leaves you with a less shiny face and more refined pores. Lately I've been feeling like a few of the pores on my cheeks and my forehead were showing up more under my mineral foundation. I went to Ulta and picked this up.

I've been using it for a week now and I have to say it's pretty good. I haven't had any breakouts from it and my pores are no longer as visible. It goes on smoothly and I feel the best way to apply this is simply with one's finger.

On the back of the bottle it says, "The professional secret for a picture perfect look everyday. Contains salicylic acid for a smoother, clearer looking complexion, refines pores for an even foundation application. Contains special mattifying powders to reduce shine and prolong foundation wear." I think these claims are pretty accurate from what I've experienced so far. 

My only complaint is that at 30ml (1oz) there might not be as much product in the bottle as it initially appears. I think this is a better value than some other primers, including Benefit's The POREfessional. That compares at 1.5x the price for only 75% of the product. 

UPDATE: I've edited the rating to include packaging and edited the value for the price because I've had TWO bottles of this stuff break on me. I thought the first one was just a fluke, but when I opened the box of the second it had the same problem with it. The inside bottle that holds the product can become unscrewed from the pump, thus you can't get the product out! After two failures of the packaging I've bought a similarly priced primer that I will review at a later date.

Application: 5 out of 5
Packaging: 2 out of 5
Value for the Price: ($22 for 1oz at Ulta Stores): 3 out of 5
Pros: Works as indicated, feels smooth on the skin, non pore clogging, has acne fighting ingredients
Cons: Like most non drugstore primers it is a bit expensive for what you get, the bottles break easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment