Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Tribute to a Wonderful Woman: Essie Clambake

I don't usually air my family/personal issues online, but today I just wanted to do a nail tribute to an extremely wonderful woman. My Grandmother was one of the most wonderful women that have ever entered into my life. She is currently suffering the effects of end-stage Alzheimer's disease. At 83 she's lived a long life. Her style, until she fell ill, had always hovered around 1960's chic. She is one of my style icons.

Grandma and Grandpa c.1958

I've hunted for a week trying to track down that polish. Dior Trafalgar looked similar but I'll be darned I couldn't find the stuff anywhere. So I returned to one of my staple brands for a color. I ended up with Essie Clambake which is very close to the color she wore.

Essie Clambake
I really do love this color. It takes 3 coats to be semi-opaque, however this can be expected since this polish is a sheer jelly (or Sorbet if OPI is paying your bills). The only problem I had with it was a few bubbles here and there. That seems to happen every now and then with Essie polishes.

Color: 5 out of 5
Application: 4.5 out of 5
Value for the Price ($8): 4 out of 5
Pros: Sheer chic orange/red
Cons: Higher priced, bubbles slightly

1 comment:

  1. WOW, that is a gorgeous color! I think it'll be the first one on my toes when April comes around!

    ReplyDelete